Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!

Hi All! I just wanted to write a blog about what Mother's Day means to me. Well before I had kids, it was about getting my mom a present to show how much I appreciated her. But my questions is, Can you show someone how much you love them just by a material present? Once I became a mom myself, I quickly understood that you can't. It's not the material things that matter, its the emotional things that mean the most. Last year was my first Mother's Day. "Joey" got me flowers (I put his name in parentheses because of course, at 7 months he didn't go out and buy the flowers himself.) I appreciated them very much because not only were they supposed to be from my little boy, but I saw how much Marc valued me as a mom. He wanted me to feel like I was important to his son, but with the same gesture, he showed me that he wanted me to feel important because I was his wife and a good mom to his son. Fast forward a month. I found out I was prengnat again. (The pregnancy just so happened to be my suprise Mother's Day present. I got pregnant that night!) I was super excited but also scared. How could I love another child (and we would soon find out that there were 2) as much as I loved Joey. Fast forward again to January 12 of this year. I had two wonderful, perfect boys. My arms are so full now.

People keep telling me that I have my hands full. They say this in a negative way. I take it as a positive thing. My hand are full. Full of love, joy, promise for the future to come, full of smiles, laughs. There are so many people who are not able to have children. God has BLESSED me many, many times over with the children that I have. I honestly don't know what I would do without them. I had a friend tell me yesterday that she didn't know if she wanted kids. I told her that if she ever had one, she would never want to lose that experience. Children are such a blessing. As many times as I wanted to pull my hair out and scream right along with the kids, I wouldn't trade them for all of the money in the world.

I think that having a good role model is key to being a good mom. I have a wonderful mom. We had our differences and fights when I was growing up, but what teenager doesn't fight with their mother. At least I had a mother to fight with. As I got older, I realized that she did things for a reason (and no mom, you can't hold this over my head now!) Once I became a mom myself, I realized that I needed her help. Not only with how to raise my sons, but how to emotionally deal with it all. I am a bundle of nerves. I cry all the time (even though no one sees it) and I get easily irritated sometimes. I am sure this is normal for moms, but also normal for a mom having 3 kids 19 months and younger. I never thought that I would have 3 kids this close, but God gave me them for a reason. Maybe that reason was to see how much I do need my mom. As adults, we think that we are adults and don't need our parents help, but that is the farthest from the truth. I need my mom more now than I think I ever did. She is there not only to help me with my sons, but to make me a better mother and woman. She tells me that I am a good mom and a great person. I don't ever want to be without my mom.

Last year she found out that she had cancer. Let me tell you how much my world crumbled at that one phone call. I was shaken to my core. Life without my mom flashed before my eyes. I was so upset. Fortunately, I won't have to deal with that for hopefully a long time. She went through radiation and is cancer free! I don't thank her enough for what she does and on Mother's Day, I just want to say thank you mom for everything you do. I LOVE YOU!

To all of those other moms that are reading my blog, Happy Mother's Day to you too. I hope your day is everything you wished it to be and I hope you realize how lucky you are to have your families and your children.

0 comments: