Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, September 27, 2010

It's been a week....

Well the last week has been pretty eventful in my life. From working 3 days last week to having to change my own tire, to Joey's 2nd birthday party, my life has been nuts. I had to work Monday last week so I couldn't really do much after work that day. I came home and pretty much went to bed because I felt horrible. I could feel a cold coming on. Tuesday morning, I got up and still felt horrible so I made sure to take some medicine. It helped a bit, so I felt like could actually function that day. I tried to pick up and do some things around the house before heading to Mom and Dad's house to try to clean up for Joey's birthday party.

I spent most of the rest of the day over there trying to get some stuff done. When Mom got home from work, she was helping too. A former student of Mom's, Sarah, came over and helped too. I ended up having some anxiety about what was going on. The boys were fussy and Joey was getting into everything and Marc wasn't helping, so needless to say, I was super overwhelmed. I ended up breaking down and we decided to go home and get ready for bed. The boys went down pretty well and I got some sleep that night.

Wednesday day at work wasn't bad. Until I got to my car. There was a business card on it telling me to call Security because I had a flat tire. They won't change it, they will just air it up. So they finally came about an hour after I called them to air it up. I decided that if I was already running late, I might as well swing by work and pick up the boxes that I had set out. I parked in the circle drive and was helping Meagan put the boxes in my car and while I was doing that, I could hear a hissing. My tire was going flat again. It went flat within about 3 minutes of me parking. Luckily I didn't try to drive home on it. Instead of having Marc get all of the boys out (since they were sleeping), I decided that I needed to change it myself. It took me about 45 minutes to change it. One thing that made me so angry was that at least 10 men walked by or watched me from the link and only one person asked me if I needed help. Where is the chivalry these days? If my brother or dad saw a woman changing a tire by herself, they would stop. Why not other men? Not that I can't do it on my own, but it would have been nice for someone to do it or at least offer.

I got it changed and headed back home. I had to run to the store to get formula and baby food for the sitter the next day. That was one long day.


On Thursday, I worked another 12 hr shift and then Mom picked me up and took me to get the food/supplies for Joey's party. Nothing like last minute. We got everything except his big Elmo balloon. I enjoyed spending time with mom without the kids around.


Friday, Marc stayed home so he could go to the ER and get his foot checked out. Well apparently he fractured his ankle somehow. He has a walking cast and has to wear that for 6 weeks. We went and finished getting things for Joey's party and went to mom and dads to set up and got things set out and organized for his party. His party was a success. So many people showed up! I was overwhelmed with the people and the gifts that they got him. He got so many toys and clothes its overwhelming. He especially loves the tractors that everyone got him.

Saturday was his actual birthday so we just had a low key day and spent it playing with him and spending time at home. We went out to mom and dads so he could see them on his birthday and he played with his new t-ball set. We went and saw Marc's friend, Joal, after we left moms. He has been deployed for the last year so we haven't seen him and he hasn't seen the twins yet. Joey tripped and fell on the concrete so he got a wonderful Happy Birthday Bruise on his head! Overall its been a busy last week, but celebrating Joey being here for 2 years was the icing on the cake!

0 comments: