Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Its been a while

So I just checked my blog and realized its been a while since I have posted anything, much less anything pertinant to my life. Life has been busy. It has had its ups and its downs. We have had so much trouble with our cars lately that its so frustrating. On Friday July 23, I headed up to Wood River to meet a girl that I went to high school with to give her some clothes to borrow for her son. Well I left the van running and all of the things on (ie Dvd player, AC, phone charger, GPS) So coincidentially, I needed to get gas and I figured that I just ran out of gas. The girl that I met went and got her FIL and some gas. They put it in the tank and I tried to start it. It wouldn't work. We finally realized that it needed to be jumped. We jumped the battery and I headed over to Walmart to get a new one. My mom had met me and took the kids for a bit while I tried to get the battery. Went to Walmart and they checked it and said the battery was bad and the alternator was fine. Great! Easy (but expensive) fix. Waited a while for them to put the battery in. During that time, Mom dropped the boys off with me so I am sure that I looked pretty funny walking around Walmart with 3 boys in a double stroller. Marc met me there and the people in the automotive department overhead paged me and told me to come back to my car. They told me that they tested the battery and that it was fine and so was the alternator.

After things were confirmed ok, we headed up to the inlaws house. We had a nice evening going to Festival Days and hanging out with Chris and Renee. Marc stayed up with the boys that night and I got to sleep without having to be up. That day, we spent some time with his family and then we headed back home. We had a few things to do that evening, so we were home.

Sunday, we went to church and hung out at mom and dads house. We took a nap and did some canning of pasta sauce and pizza sauce. We then went back home and got things ready for the week ahead.

On Monday morning, I got things ready and took the boys to mom's house so that I could go to work. Right before I got there, the tire went flat. No way! So I got it into moms driveway and parked it. I drove her car over to work. Marc went and got the tire looked at when he got home from work. It was fine. It just had to have a plug put in it. Great! It only cost $15 to be fixed instead of at least $150 for a new tire. Wednesday came and I went with mom to get Joey's hair cut. I was opening the sliding door to put Joey back in the van after his haircut and the handle for the sliding door broke. I was so afraid that Marc was going to get mad at me for breaking one more thing on the van. He just laughed and said it happens.

Well yesterday, Marc was going to AT (he has home station AT this year because the 739th couldn't get their act together and by default, they are doing home station AT) and on the way, the car broke down. We thought it was just the serpentine belt and tried to replace it later that day, but the compressor on the AC broke. (or at least that is what I think it was.) We had to have it towed home. So need less to say, we haven't had good luck with cars lately. The guy that is going to fix the car won't be back from vacation until next Monday so we will be without a car almost 2 weeks. Pray that it gets taken care of!

0 comments: