Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thousand Dollar Day..

So I was browsing a blog and stumbled across a blog, Where He Leads Me, and she brought up a fun day of daydreaming for me. What would I do with $1000 to be spent only on me? I will tell you first of all, that would never happen to me in a million years. But to play along, I will tell you what I would do. Her blog gave me some ideas on what I would like to do.

First of all, I would drop the boys off at my parents house (I would drop them off at the babysitter if I didn't have to take that money out of my $1000, but if I had to, I might just to spend the day with my mom as well.) Don't get me wrong, I love my boys, but I haven't been shopping without them in who knows how long.

I would then schedule someone to come clean my house. I don't really have time to do it (ok so sometimes I don't make the time because its so overwhelming) and its hard to do with kids underfoot. That would be about $150 I am guessing. (never had it done before, but I will start there)

After that, I would head to the salon and have my fingers, toes and eyebrows done. Who doesn't love a good mani/pedi! With tip, this should cost about $45. I like the place inside the local Walmart, so its not such a bad trip to get them done. Hmm what is next????

A massage!! I haven't had one since I was about 34 weeks pregnant with Joey. It was heaven! I need a good massage to relieve some stress in my life (what's that? I have stress in my life, NO WAY!!) I think that the last time I had one it was about $60 so with a tip, that knocks out about $75.

Man this is hard to do! I am never thinking about what I would spend on myself. I always want things for the boys. I want to get them new cloth diapers, or make sure we are stocked up on baby food, or buy them new car seats, or something that is for them. I can't remember the last thing that I bought for myself (excluding food)

I would then head to lunch. SUSHI! Love that stuff. I would have a shrimp tempura roll and then try a new one that I haven't tried before. Love being adventurous. This will cost me about $25 because I will get one of the expensive ones to try. This would be followed by some ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery. Coffee lovers to be exact. Love the mix of coffee ice cream, almonds, heath bar, and caramel. $5 because I would leave them a tip to make them sing to me. mmmmm

This is harder than I thought..

I think that I would head to the Mills Mall to find some stuff for me! I would first go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and get some new things for the kitchen. I would love some new mixing bowls, new spoons, and I would spend about $75 on some new kitchen gadgets. I would then go to Old Navy and drop some cash on me some new clothes. Well actually just some new shirts, because none of their pants ever seem to fit me very well. Let's say about $75there. I would then head to the bookstore and then I would buy myself an Ebook reader. I have been drooling over this for a while. I think that I would buy a gift card so that I can get some ebooks when I need them. This would probably be about $175 for the ebook reader and then another $50 for ebooks.

I would probably stop and buy myself a tanning package. I know that this is a controversial thing, but you know what, its my $1000. I feel better and think I look better when I have a little bit of color. Lets do a package for the rest of the year that is only $75.

I would then go to the fabric store and buy about $100 worth of fabric. WHAT I WANT. Not things that I have to get, fabrics where I could make pretty quilts or just other things that would make me feel accomplished!

Well that's it! I guess I could have spent less and taken my husband out to dinner, but its all about me right now huh? LOL I would most likely shave off other things (like the tanning package or the clothes) and do this. Oh well. Its my money and I will spend like I want to!!!

What would you do with $1000 to be spent only on you?

2 comments:

Jill said...

I would buy a washing machine and a water softener and all my problems would disappear!

Alexis said...

Wow! I loved reading your list! Thanks so much for playing along!!

I've never had a massage before. It sounds wonderful, though. I should have thought of that for my list!