Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

6 Month Checkup!

Mom and I took the boys for their 6 month checkup on Monday. Boy I will tell you that is not a 1 person job! I most likely could have done it by myself up until now, but after this appointment, it wouldn't work if there was just one person there. They would be all over the place and into everything! We made it there and showed them off to a few family members that work at the office then it was time to go back and get it started! Things went well. They had their vitals taken and then they were weighed! Johnathan was 25 1/2 in long and he weighed 17lb 9.5oz! Jonah was 25 1/4 in long and he weighed 18lb 1oz! I can't believe they have pretty much tripled their weight since they were born! They checked out fine and the doctor supressed all of my concerns that I had. They then had to have their shots. 2 shots and a liquid. They didn't like their shots at all! Johnathan cried for a minute after his shots, but Jonah bawled for about 5 minutes! I couldn't believe how upset he was with his shots!

We went home and they calmed down and napped for a bit. The rest of the night was a little rough, but they are doing well considering they are teething and had shots. I continued tylenol while they were awake Monday and Tuesday. I just hope they aren't hurting anymore!

We have been working on their sleeping patterns. I just can't take getting up with each of them two times a night. I am just exhausted come morning time. We have been tweaking little things, like making sure they get solid food about an hour before they normally go to bed and then a bottle right before they do. I am trying to get them on a nap routine too so that they aren't sleeping sporattically throughout the day. Its hard to plan things to do around the house since they aren't consistent with sleeping. When Joey was little, I just let him sleep when and how long and how often he wanted to. With having 3 kids, I need to plan a little more. If anyone has any tips/tricks on sleep with kids (especially with twins) just let me know!
Two happy boys (who don't know what is in store!)
Jonah loves to chew on his brother's hand!
They are telling secrets on how to escape the dr!
Jonah saying, "Who me? I'm not getting shots!"
Johnathan loved looking at the paper on the exam table.

0 comments: