Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, April 9, 2010

Tiny Tush Trim Hemp Fitted Review and Giveaway!


Charlene, from Tiny Tush Cloth Diapers and Supplies, is a friend of my friend on Facebook. She had put out there that she wanted someone to try her diapers and let her know how they were. I of course jumped on the chance to review a cloth diaper. First of all, I had already tried one of her diapers (she doesn't know that yet) and I loved it, so I thought that I would love to try the new diaper that they had just come out with. The Tiny Tush Trim 4.0 Hemp diaper made its debut March 1st, so its brand new.
Some of the special features of this diaper are:
-Made with custom fabric: 80% hemp and 20% organic cotton
-Its super trim!
-The diaper is designed with hidden snaps so that no cold snaps touch your baby!
-The absorbent snap in liner can actually double as a contour diaper which can be used inside a diaper cover (for newborns or smaller babies)
-Tiny Tush diapers are made in the USA!
My Review:
I haven't ever used hemp diapers before. We normally use prefolds for the twins and microfiber stuffed pocket diapers for Joey. Joey is a super heavy soaker, so most diapers have to be changed pretty frequently with him. A normal fitted diaper would have to be changed every 2-3 hours and that would be pushing it. He pees sooo much! I gave this diaper the ultimate test. I put it on all 3 boys and waited to see how long it would take for it to get wet on the outside. Joey was just running around and playing, so therefore I could keep a close eye on it. These diapers do have to have a cover if you aren't at home and able to watch your child. Believe me, I NEVER leave the boys with fitted diapers and no covers. Anyways, I am sure that I interrupted his playtime a few too many times when I was trying them out the first time. I would just walk over and put my hand on the front of his diaper to see if it was wet. It took 3.5 hrs for it to be wet on the outside and I know that he didn't go that long without peeing. The fabric was sooo soft I wish I could have clothes made out of it. Here is a picture of the little man wearing it! Even he is happy to be wearing it!
Another great feature of this diaper is that it is a one size diaper. Not only did it fit my 26lb toddler, but it also fit my 12lb twins. To make it smaller, all you have to do is snap down the front. It took just a few seconds for it to be ready for the twins. It fit them pretty well too. Here they are!


So this diaper stood up to my super wetter and my little guys too. It is designed to fit from newborn to 35+ lbs. It does require a cover. These diapers dried pretty fast. When I received my diapers, a fact sheet about the diaper was included and it gave tips and tricks on using the diaper. Soo.....Here is how you can win one of these great diapers!

Leave comments with the following entries and make sure to leave your email address in the comment so I can contact you if you win.
*MANDATORY ENTRY*- You must complete this part of the entry before any other entries will be valid. Become a public follower of my blog and head on over to Tiny Tush and tell me your favorite product (besides this diaper.)
*Blog about this giveaway for 5 entries (leave the link to your blog in the comment and what number entry it is. Make sure to link back to my giveaway and to Tiny Tush's website.)
*Tell me how you found my blog (1 entry)
*Tell me the cutest thing that a child (either yours or someone elses) has done recently (1 entry per thing they have done) (max 5 entries)
This giveaway will end on Sunday, April 18th at 8pm CST. The winner will be drawn via random.org and I will email you if you win. You have 48 hrs to contact me. If you do not respond in 48 hrs, I will have to choose another winner. I will also post the winner of this contest on the blog.
Thank you, Charlene, for giving me the Tiny Tush Trim Hemp Fitted diaper to review and one to giveaway to a lucky follower!

31 comments:

Jenae said...

I follow your blog. I have to say that these look simple to use. I am new to the whole cloth diapering world and although I am not pregnant yet, this is what I plan on doing when I have children. I just found out that my relative is pregnant with twins, so winning this would be an amazing gift.

I really liked the Tweedle Bugs One Size Snap Pocket Diapers Including Insert & Doubler at Tiny Tush.

my email is butterfly_kiss29@hotmail.com

Jenae said...

I found your blog through a post on the Eco-Friendly Family message board.

butterfly_kiss29@hotmail.com

Jenae said...

A cute thing that a child I know has done lately (my nephew) is that he rode horse all by himself (with a lot of people around him) and the horse was listening to what he was telling him to do. I was scary and cute all at once.

butterfly_kiss29@hotmail.com

Jill said...

Follow, and tweedlebugs, they are a nice day time pocket. My baby girl is about the same age as your older boy and I change her around every 2 hours. I haven't tried these dipes, yet, but am interested in the fabric!

Jill said...

I found you from TT facebook page, I think...

jill dot shoemaker at gmail dot com

Jill said...

The sweetest words, her first sentence was yesterday: mama, up, please!..

aww!

jill dot shoemaker at gmail dot com

Jill said...

My baby has learned to say 'hop' and will stomp WAY out ahead with one foot, in an effort to 'hop' on one foot, all the time saying HOP HOP really loudly!

jill dot shoemaker at gmail dot com

Jill said...

She claps for me when I use the potty. Sweet, right? We're hoping this will translate over to HER being proud of HER using the potty!

jill dot shoemaker at gmail dot com

Jill said...

Just about an hour ago, I asked her if she wanted to go night-night, to bed, to see her bear. She always confirms with a certain noise, and I said, 'no, I want you to SAY night-night'... NIGHHHH NIGHHHH she said, AWW! The first time I'd gotten that one out of her and in such a cute way!
jill dot shoemaker at gmail dot com

Jill said...

I get samples of disposable diapers in the mail, and then give them to other people, and I thought I'd put my baby to the test. I showed her both a NIP rumparooz and the package of 2 huggies and asked her where her diaper was. She picked up the rumparooz and hugged it. She recognized IT and NOT the DD as a diaper. Yeah!

Debbie said...

I follow your blog and I would also like to have some of the Tiny Tush Diaper Covers and Tweedle Bugs One Size Snap Pocket Diapers!
sully_debbie11 at msn dot com

Debbie said...

I found your blog through a tweet on Twitter by @GiggleBritches!
sully_debbie11 at msn dot com

Debbie said...

The cutest thing my son (2 and 1/2 years old) has done recently is kiss my belly (I'm 37 weeks pregnant with a girl!) and say "baby". :)
sully_debbie11 at msn dot com

Bon said...

I follow your blog. pangbebe at gmail dot com

Another product I'm interested in is the wool soaker covers. I've heard wonderful things about them.

Bon said...

I found your blog via twitter -- I believe from @tinytush

pangbebe at gmail dot com

simplymerry said...

new follower, and i love their one-size pocket.
simplymerry at gmail dot com

simplymerry said...

I found your blog through Tiny Tush's facebook.
simplymerry at gmail dot com

simplymerry said...

blogged:
http://simplymerry.wordpress.com/2010/04/17/some-favorite-diapers/

simplymerry at gmail dot com
entry #5

simplymerry said...

blogged:
http://simplymerry.wordpress.com/2010/04/17/some-favorite-diapers/

simplymerry at gmail dot com
entry #3

simplymerry said...

blogged:
http://simplymerry.wordpress.com/2010/04/17/some-favorite-diapers/

simplymerry at gmail dot com
entry #2

simplymerry said...

blogged:
http://simplymerry.wordpress.com/2010/04/17/some-favorite-diapers/

simplymerry at gmail dot com
entry #1

simplymerry said...

Baby has a new nickname. Velcro boy. He's become particularly mommy-clingy, and always has to grab a fitsful of hair (ouch!).

simplymerry at gmail dot com

simplymerry said...

Baby is learning to play peekaboo - he'll initiate it all by himself now. :)
simplymerry at gmail dot com

simplymerry said...

This isn't very recent, but it still is cute and amazing. Baby knew his daddy's voice and touch while inside the womb. He'd move towards daddy's hand whenever it was on the belly, and would move toward daddy whenever he heard his voice. He still has a special smile for daddy. :)
simplymerry at gmail dot com

simplymerry said...

Baby loves people coughing... we discovered this when grandma got something caught in her throat and started coughing. While everyone else looked concerned, baby thought it was the funniest thing! Good thing grandma took it well. She continued to cough for his amusement. :P
simplymerry at gmail dot com

simplymerry said...

Mommy just got baby a juppy (assisted walker where an adult holds the baby up by the straps). He can't even crawl yet, but he absolutely love dancing in it!
simplymerry at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I found your blog, because I know you! :)

Anonymous said...

Something cute my son did recently:
Well, my mom and sisters taught Jake to hold up one finger when asked how old he is. This was a few months ago.

The other day, he was walking around with a plastic golf club he had gotten for Easter, but he was using it like a cane. I jokingly asked him how old he thought he was, and he held up his finger for "One!"

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog!
I like the Tiny Tush Elite Side Snap (since my son likes to take velcro diapers off)!

Josefine said...

I found your blog through the EFF board.

jteneback at hotmail.com

Josefine said...

I follow, and I like the organic wool soakers.

jteneback at hotmail dot com