Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, March 20, 2011

How do you clean?

How is the best way to purge when it comes to cleaning your house? We just moved and I am already overwhelmed with the amount of things that we have in that small of a space. Some of the things I can't imagine getting rid of, but I don't use them! I am in that boat that if I get rid of them, I will need them. How do you systematically get rid of things that are essentially "cluttering" your life and your house? My goal for the year was to do this, but after moving, its hard to get into the mindset that I need to do this. I want my boys to grow up in a house that they feel comfortable in, not one where there are a billion breakable things and we are constantly yelling at them to stop touching or get away from certain things.

I know it sounds stupid, but I am afraid of getting rid of baby clothes. I have kept almost everything that I have ever been given for the boys in case if/when we get pregnant again, it might be a boy or possibly multiple boys again. I know. That sounds insane, but I am scared! I don't want to get rid of them and then need them again. I have run it through my head. God wouldn't give me children and not provide for them. I have fully believed that he provides for my family, one way or another. We have been so blessed to have more than enough clothes for the boys, but I still have that thought in the back of my mind. I have even tried to give them to other people who have had boys, but no one will take them. I guess its that people are having their first children and they want all new stuff. When do I let go? When and how do I make the decision that I can get rid of the stuff and that it will be OK?

I guess that I let sentimental things get to me. I let little things bring back memories and then I don't want to get rid of them for fear of loosing the memories. I can't remember a lot of the stuff from my childhood so I am scared that I will forget my kid's childhood. I want to remember every bit of it. The good and the bad.

Well if you have made it this far, bravo. I ramble and ramble sometimes and don't realize until I am pushing Publish Post that I have just typed and typed and really been on about 40 different tangents. If you have any thoughts/advice, leave it please!

1 comments:

Ladybird Ln said...

I am exactly the same way, I have kept all of my three kids clothes that are in good condition... I might not use them again, but I don't think I am through having kids.. But mostly they hold such sweet memories! Someday I might be able to give them to someone close to me, but I think I will still hold on to a few things! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am so happy you enjoyed the Chocolate chip cookies!!!

Carlee
www.ladybirdln.com