Well this weekend was supposed to be a great relaxing weekend. After the rush of Thanksgiving, I wanted to just relax and do what I wanted to do. On weekends, I rarely get to do that because of all of the things we have to do. Normally I work every 3rd weekend, so planning things on the weekend have to be fit between the weekends I work.
Anyways, Thanksgiving had us busy and running back and forth between Granite and Girard, so the weekend was a great welcome. Friday was just a relaxing day. We didn't do much at all. Joey didn't sleep well the night before so Marc didn't go hunting that morning. We just watched movies and played with the kids most of the day. At 4, we took the twins to get their first haircut! They were pretty good considering how old they are.
Johnathan getting his hair cut.

He didn't sit still for long
Then he got a little huffy!
Jonah just sat there like a good little boy

And sat there..

And wanted a little hug from daddy.
They both looked so handsome after they were done!

Saturday morning, Mom and I went on a little girls weekend. We drove about 2 hrs to Arcola, IL. We stopped in a little town and had breakfast at a little hole in the wall diner. We drove and found our hotel first then went exploring. We finally found the shops we were looking for and had a good time just browsing and spending time with each other, minus kids. We got some fabric for crafts that we were working on and some little souvenirs to commemorate our trip. We had lunch at an Amish restaurant (we weren't impressed though) and shopped some antique stores after that. We found some great antique quilt pieces that need to be put together in a quilt. We just had a blast.
We went to Walmart and then back to our hotel room and relaxed. We watched tv while quilting and working on scarves. Went to sleep and got to sleep in the next morning! No kiddies waking us up (well more specifically me.) We then got breakfast in the lobby and went to the outlet mall. We walked around and only went into a store if we wanted to. Not because someone else wanted to. We didn't buy much, but got a dress for Marc's Christmas party and one for mom for Christmas.
I came back home and got things ready for Monday. Overall, it went fast, but had a great weekend.
0 comments:
Post a Comment