I went to the Dr on Friday (Nov 6) and was officially poked and prodded. First I started off by having an ultrasound and a cervical length check. The ultrasound isn't bad, but the cervical length check is violating to say the least. Good news from that, my cervix is still 5cm. The same that it was 3 weeks ago! The ultrasound technologist said that I have the cervix of a champion and a great cervix to have twins! I know this can change overnight, but its reassuring at the same time. I then proceeded to go to the Dr's office and start my glucose tolerance test. I had to drink this very sugary drink. I gulped it down in 40 seconds. Then went and got my BP and weight checked. The nurse took me to my room and I waited for the dr to come in and see me. She came in a short time later and we talked for a little bit.
I will start having weekly appts when I am 30 weeks and start having Biophysical Profiles at 32 weeks. This will be in addition to my cervical length checks and the growth ultrasounds I will be getting. She wants me to gain weight too. I eat, but I guess the babies are just sucking what I am eating. She said that the latest for the babies to be in position for delivery is 34 weeks. Since both of the babies are transverse, we can only wait to see if they will turn by then.
I will start having weekly appts when I am 30 weeks and start having Biophysical Profiles at 32 weeks. This will be in addition to my cervical length checks and the growth ultrasounds I will be getting. She wants me to gain weight too. I eat, but I guess the babies are just sucking what I am eating. She said that the latest for the babies to be in position for delivery is 34 weeks. Since both of the babies are transverse, we can only wait to see if they will turn by then.
I then had to wait for another 20 minutes and then get my blood drawn for my glucose test. After that, I got my Rogham shot (I had to get a S-H-O-T in the boom boom). I left the office feeling like I had been violated in many different ways.
I am glad that everything looks great and I go back in to see the dr on the 18th. I will have a dr appt and have a growth ultrasound and see how big the babies are!
I am glad that everything looks great and I go back in to see the dr on the 18th. I will have a dr appt and have a growth ultrasound and see how big the babies are!





0 comments:
Post a Comment