Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Misc

So here I am. 4 weeks past my last blog post. You would think that I would have written in that time, but I just haven't. I have had a lot of things going on since then. A lot of work, a lot of teething boys, and a lot of sewing projects. I have also had a lot of things going on mentally.

It is rough living with other people, especially if those other people are your in laws. Now don't get me wrong, I am very happy that they have let us live with them for almost 6 months now, but it is time to get our own place and be a family again. It is hard to be a true family when you live with someone who babies your husband and then it seems like you have 4 boys instead of 3 and a husband. I want to be able to cook whatever I want to cook for dinner, but instead, I have to make sure that my meal choices are "diabetic approved." I should really use this term lightly. My father in law says that what he eats has to be healthy, but when its not meal time, he eats ice cream, candy, and things that are not good for him. He eats them when others aren't there and it makes me furious! I dont cook too terribly, but he has to be able to say no. He has to have some willpower. He is a grown man and he can make his own choices. But that is a whole other post.


The boys have been pretty challenging lately. We are working on potty training with Joey and that is fun in itself. He will do great one day and do horrible the next day. I don't know how I can do this! And the twins are teething. Not just one tooth or anything, they have gotten 5 and 6 teeth in a month and a half. They are always wanting to be held and I just can't do that. I feel bad as a mom for not wanting/being able to hold my kids all the time. I can't sit still. I have so many other things that have to be done that I can't really stop and hold them all day long. I have noticed that they get very, very fussy when they are hungry. They are doing great feeding themsleves. but at the end of the day, we still give them baby food to fill their bellies up so that they sleep all night. Oh well. Whatever it takes for them to rest well and for mommy and ddaddy to be able to sleep good as well. Joey has been waking up in the middle of the night. The only thing that I can think that he is doing is that he isn't eating much in the evenings. He will only eat when and what he wants to. He is very stubborn. I really try to encourage healthy things for him to eat, but when it comes down to it, I will let him have two yogurts if that is what he will eat. As long as it isn't complete junk, I sometimes give in.
My relationship with Marc isn't alwasy the best either. It is hard I am sure for him to be between his parents (who we are living with) and me. I guess I have expectations that his parents will stay out of my parenting and that they will let me be mom to the boys. This doesn't always happen. And they also don't treat my boys as they do their other grandchildren. I wish this could change, but its up to them to do it. I can't change them or the way they treat my kids. I won't, however, let them treat my kids badly. It's one thing if they treat me badly, but its a while other ballgame if they are doing things that aren't right for my kids. I love them, but my kids come first.
I started sewing for my friend Kadie. She runs a successful coupon blog which can be found here. She makes coupon binders for people and sells them and she wanted something to go over them to make them pretty. That is where I come in. I am about the only person that she knows that can sew, or sew decently, so she asked me to sew them for her. They are so cute! I wish I had a picture to show you, but I don't. She has the fabric and everything shipped to me. All I have to do is to cut the pieces out and sew them together. This might sound easy, but with 3 boys, I don't always get as much done as I would like. I normally sew after the twins go to bed or when they are all napping (which I about pull my hair out when they don't nap at the same time.)
Well thanks for listening to my ramblings. I hope that those two readers that I have can understand where I am coming from...Sooon I hope to have our own place so we don't have to worry about half the stuff I just wrote about...Soon...

0 comments: