I normally don't try to vent or talk about work outside of work, but since I am still at work, I think its ok. Sorry this will be a vent of sorts.
Ugh! I am so tired of people being so lazy! There is one person perticullary. Yesterday, there was a patient whose parent left and she was crying in her room. One of the PCA's brought her out to the nurses station so that she wasn't alone in her room crying. It wasn't a big deal until the baby started crying. I picked her up and held her for a bit and I had to do something, so I went ahead and put her back down. She started screaming so someone else picked her up. She had to go do something and gave her back to me. I really didn't want to hold her anymore because I was off and on busy, but I took her anyways. I held her for a bit longer and then tried to put her back down again. She screamed! I understand that the patient is little and scared, but in my job description, it doesn't say "babysitter." I don't mind helping, but I was tired of HAVING to hold her. And to top it all off, her nurse was sitting at the nurses station playhing ONLINE! UGH! If you want your patient to sit out here, take care of them, don't pawn them off on someone else. I even went in and put the patient in her crib and changed her diaper. She was tired and she went right to bed. Seems to me that I should be getting paid more to do this!
And today, she was being lazy again. Most of the staff were not busy, so we were picking up the nurses station. Cleaning up old cups, picking up scrap papers, just making things look nice for the night shift. She was sitting on her rump doing nothing except surfing the internet for ideas on her SIL's wedding which she is nonstop complaining about. I'm already tired of hearing about it and its about a year away! She asks if anyone else is so bored and tired that they are falling asleep! What in the world??!?! Get up off your butt and help clean up and you wouldn't be so tired!
Sorry that was a rant. I feel better now. Have a nice day ;)
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Work Frustration
Posted by Mini MNM's at 5:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
I hate the word 'bored'. My mom always gave us something to do if we even 'seemed' bored. So, in that spirit, if she says it again, tell her that you always find that you get over your tiredness and boredom by getting up and doing something and then give her an example of something that needs done, like 'picking up the station' and then proceeding to pointedly pick something up and hand it to her and ask her to throw it away/wash it/etc and tell her that everyone chips in when THEY get bored! If it's everyone's job, she can't very well get mad at you!
Post a Comment