Well I thought I would take a minute to wish everyone a Happy Father's Day. Especially my husband and my dad. My husband is a great dad to the boys. He is very good with them and loves them so much. He is more of a hands on dad than I thought he would be. He loves to play with the boys and loves to teach them new things. With Joey, he loves to show Joey things that he hasn't seen before!
My dad is a great man as well. When I was younger, I don't remember him being around a whole lot. Obviously, he was gone providing for his family, but he wasn't involved much in the child rearing that went on in our house. I wasn't very close to him at all. A few years back, Dad had back surgery and we tried for someone to be there all the time. Mom was there from the time she got done with work until she had to go home to sleep and I was there from about 9am until I had to leave for work at 215. We got close then. Even though we didn't really talk while I was there, it was a great bonding time. When I had Joey, things changed too. To him, I was an adult and I had given him the gift of his first grandchild. When I was having trouble breastfeeding, he asked my mom a million questions on why I was having problems and what could be done to help. He didn't directly tell me he supported me, but through my mom, I knew he did. It made me feel like I was very important.
He is a great dad to Marc in my opinion. I don't see Marc's dad showing him how to do things. My dad takes the time to do it. He shows him, but makes him do it. There is a real bond there, even though neither of them would admit it!
Anyways, again, I just want to say Happy Father's Day to everyone!
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Happy Father's Day!
Posted by Mini MNM's at 5:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment