Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Things have been pretty busy. I am on bedrest now and that would make one think that I would have MORE time to post, but I just can't seem to find the right mindset to post. Its hard to put down in writing what is going on. Last Monday, Dec 14, was a typical Monday at work. It was soooo busy. Around 4pm or so, I started feeling cramping/contractions. I started to write down what time they were happening and it started out at like 14 min apart. They then increased to every 6-9 minutes apart. They were pretty uncomfortable so I called Marc and he told me to call the dr. I did call the dr and they told me to go into L&D to get monitored and to see what was going on. The on call dr said that she didn't think that it was anything and that I would probably be going home that night. Well that didn't happen. They did the work up on me and said that I was contracting and that I was dialated to a 2. They admitted me. This has to be one of the scariest things that has ever happened to me! They gave me a shot to try to stop the contractions. That sped up the contractions and made me feel horrible. I was shaking uncontrollablly and was so hot! After that wore off, they gave me another medicine which seemed to help. They also gave me my first steroid shot. This was to help the babies lungs mature and to help them if they were to arrive early. It slowed and almost stopped the contractions. I didn't get to leave the hospital until Wednesday. They did a growth ultrasound on the boys and they were 4lb 4oz and 4lb 10oz. They said that was a good size for 32 week twins!
After I got to come home, they had me on bedrest. They say two weeks. Its nice to not have to worry about working around the holidays. This past week has been spent taking it easy and tryhing to rely on other people to do things that I cannot (or should not) be doing. Its a hard thing for me to do. I don't like not having control over everything (shocker huh!) Things aren't getting done around my house like I would like them to be, but cest la vie! Marc has been really good about helping me and that makes me feel much better. He is very good with Joey and very understanding when I am moody. All in all, its working out well. I am sitting at Mom and Dads on Christmas Eve. Marc and Joey are in Girard having Christmas with his family. It stinks that I don't get to be with them, but I have to do what is best for the twins. I got to watch Joey open his presents via webcam so that was nice. I wish everyone reading this a Merry Christmas! Now onto the rest of the blog!
How far along: 33 weeks
Total weight gain: -1 lbs Yay so close to my pre pregnancy weight!
Maternity clothes: All maternity clothes! (except for a few shirts but they either stretch or just bigger than normal)
Stretch marks: A few more. No telling how many more I will get!
How big is belly? 49 in! wow
Sleep: Eh. Some days I sleep ok, some days I am up all the time peeing or just uncomfortable.
Best moment this week: Keeping the babies in! I got to see the babies and feel them move at the same time so that was an awesome feeling.
Movement: They are dancing fools! These babies love to move all the time. They have hiccups alot as well.
Food cravings: Milk and the white cheese from the Mexican food place. I haven't gotten the second one yet, but no big deal. My cravings change daily so whatever!
Belly button in or out: its a hard call. Some days it looks in and some days it looks out!
What I miss: Feeling comfortable overall.
What I'm looking forward to: Spending Christmas with my family!
How big are the babies? 33 weeks-This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. (http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-33-weeks_1122.bc)
0 comments:
Post a Comment